Keto Shepherd’s Pie with Cauliflower Topping
Serves 6 | Total Time: 70 Mins
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time 45 Minutes
1 Large Cauliflower, florets
4 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
2 Cup Cheddar, Shredded
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Yellow Onion, medium diced
2 Small Carrot, Small diced
6 Clove Garlic, Minced
1 Cup Green Beans, Chopped
¼ Cup Red Wine
1 ½ Lb Ground Beef
1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
1 Tbsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
- In a medium stockpot, boil water over high heat and add cauliflower florets. Cook the cauliflower until soft then remove from the water. Transfer the cauliflower into a mixer, then add cream cheese and half of the cheddar cheese. Beat on low speed until the mixture comes together. If you need to add a little of the cooking water to bring together. Wrap the bowl and set aside until later.
- In a sauté pan, preferably cast iron, over medium heat then add ground beef and cook. Once the beef is cooked drain off half of the liquid and discard.
- Now add yellow onion, carrots, garlic, green beans, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add red wine and cook mixture until it is almost dry.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place meat in your baking dish and level off. Next, do the same with your cauliflower mash mixture. Take the remaining cheddar cheese and sprinkle the rest on top of the cauliflower mash.
- Bake the shepherd’s pie for 30 – 45 minutes in the oven. Once done cooking, let the pie rest for 30-45 minutes before serving.