Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
Serves 8 | Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
1 Lb Zucchini, sliced ¼ in thick
1 Lb Eggplant, sliced ¼ in thick
1 Lb Yellow Squash, sliced ¼ in thick
2 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Black pepper
28 oz Marinara Sauce
1 Lb Ricotta Cheese
2 Cups Parmesan Cheese, Shaved
2 Cups Basil Leaves
- Preheat your oven to 400F. First, you will need to prepare the vegetables. Take your thinly sliced squashes and season them with salt. Lay the seasoned squash slices on a lined sheet tray and set aside for ten minutes.
- Grease a hotel pan with pan spray and brush a touch of marinara on the bottom of the pan.
- After the ten minutes are up you will notice the squash slices are beginning to release liquid, this is good. Pat the squash dry and set aside.
- To form the lasagna, layer one squash on the bottom of your baking pan. Then take 1 third of your marinara sauce and spread a top the squash. Next, take a third of your ricotta and add dollops across the layer. Now take a third of the parmesan and sprinkle it across the layer. Now take 5-6 basil leaves and place them across the layer.
- Repeat this process three times. For the top layer, you can put the basil leaves underneath the cheese, so they do not burn on top.
- Bake the lasagna at 400F for 45 minutes – 1 hour, depending on how you like the top. Be sure to let the lasagna rest for 45 minutes before you cut into it. This will give time for the ingredients to settle.