Low Carb Beef, Spinach & Mozzarella One-Pot Bake
Perks: Keto, 1 Pot
Serves 6-8 | Total Time: 50 Mins
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1.76 lb Good Quality Ground Beef (1.76 lb)
1 small Red Onion, finely diced
2 each Garlic Cloves, minced
1 large Red Bell Pepper, small diced
1 large Carrot, diced
14.1 oz Canned Tomatoes, chopped in sauce (1 Can)
3.5 oz Fresh Spinach
2 each Bay Leaves
3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (plus extra to serve)
1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano or 1 tsp dried
¼ tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Red Pepper Flake
480 ml Beef Stock (2 Cups)
7.1 oz Mozzarella Cheese
3.5 oz Parmesan
- Peel and cut all your vegetables as the ingredients state above and set aside.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet or a paella pan (you want handles) over medium high heat. Once hot add your ground beef and spices (Sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flake, and paprika), then begin to fry. Break up the beef gradually with a wooden spoon. Fry the mixture until cooked. Should take about 6-8 minutes.
- Once beef is cooked, drain juices and discard. Add all of your raw vegetables (red onion, carrot, garlic, and bell pepper) and sweat for 5 minutes.
- Once vegetables are slightly cooked, add the canned tomatoes, bay leaf and beef stock and simmer for 20 minutes. While the sauce is simmering preheat your oven to 375F.
- You will notice the sauce beginning to thicken. Now, fold in the spinach thoroughly. Once fully incorporated, sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan over the top and throw into the oven. You can bake until cheese is just melted or get some caramelization on the top. I personally like to bake the cheese until golden (10-15 minutes).
- Once the cheese is cooked to your liking, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.