Potato and Meat Cake: A Delicious Dish for the Whole Family!
Serves 8 | Time: 2 Hours
4 medium size potatoes, peel and cut into 1/6 inch (0.4 cm) thick wedges
1 large sweet potato, peel and cut into 1/6 inch (0.4 cm) thick wedges
1.2 lb. ground beef
1/2 parsley chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. turmeric
4 tsp. sweet paprika
1 tsp. smoked paprika
4 cloves ground garlic
1 cups water
- Fry garlic and onion in olive oil.
- Add pepper, cumin, paprika, turmeric, and fry.
- Add ground-meat, salt and fry.
- Add tomato sauce, parsley, and water. Stew until cooked and put aside.
- In a large and flat pot, arrange overlapping potato slices on the bottom of the pan so the entire bottom is covered. Line the perimeter of the pan with overlapping potato slices (watch the video for detailed instructions).
- Spread half of the beef mixture on top of the potatoes. Arrange another layer of overlapping sweet potato slices over the beef mixture.
- Spread the rest of the beef mixture over the sweet potatoes layer, then add another layer of potatoes.
- Grease with olive oil and salt.
- Bake for 90 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crisp. Let cool a bit.