Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
Serves 6 | Time: 5 hours
- 4 lbs corned beef
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 celery stalks, quartered
- 1 package pickling spices
- Salt & pepper
- 1 medium green cabbage, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2″ pieces
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. parsley, roughly chopped
- Place corned beef in a large pot with pickling spices, and water to cover. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 to 4 hours until tender, skimming fat occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk dijon mustard, mayo, parsley and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- During the final hour of simmering, add carrots, celery and onion.
- During the last 30 minutes, add cabbage.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board, and thinly slice against the grain. Arrange on a platter, drain the vegetables and arrange around the meat.
- Serve with both sauces on the side for dipping.