Low Carb – Keto Chicken Parmesan
Chicken parmesan, or chicken parmigiana, is a dish that consists of breaded chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese.
Here is a quick and easy Keto chicken parmesan recipe that is perfect for family dinner and will taste like your favorite restaurant dish!
Serves 4 | Time: 45 Mins
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup almond flour
½ tbsp. Italian seasoning
½ tbsp. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 cup tomato sauce (such as Cento San Marzano Organic)
Fresh basil leaves, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 250°.
- Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise and season on both sides with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Mix the beaten eggs with the garlic.
- Mix the almond flour with the parmesan in a separate bowl.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, first dip it in the egg mixture, then coat in parmesan/almond flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Fry the chicken until golden and crispy, 3 minutes each side. Add oil and butter if needed.
- Transfer the fried chicken breasts to a baking dish, evenly spread tomato sauce on top, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake or broil until cheese is melty, 15 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves.