Easy Keto Porchetta Recipe
Serves 8 | Total Time: 3 Hours
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 ½ hours
5 Lbs Boneless Pork Belly, skin on
2 Tbsp Fennel Seeds, toasted
2 Tbsp Salt
2 Tbsp Ground Pepper
1 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
1 Tbsp Rosemary, chopped
2 Tbsp Sage, chopped
2 Tbsp Thyme, chopped
7 Cloves Garlic
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Lightly toast fennel seed in a sauté pan over low heat (5 Minutes).
- Once fennel seed is toasted, combine all ingredients (except pork belly) in a food processor and blend until a paste.
- Using a sharp blade, score the skin of the pork belly to make diamonds. At that point flip the belly over and rub the herb puree into the meat.
- Fold belly into a log and tie firmly with butcher’s twine. Twine ought to be uniformly separated about an inch apart from the next. Refrigerate pork belly, overnight to guarantee the skin dries out. Do not wrap.
- Pre-heat oven to 325F and put the pork belly crease side down onto a roasting rack and sheet tray.
- Roast in oven for 2 ½ – 3 hours (the internal temperature should be 145F). Be sure to baste the belly every 30 minutes or so with the pan drippings.
- Once the internal temperature is 145F raise the oven to 475F and roast another 10 minutes to get the skin crispy!
- Carefully take out of the oven and let rest for 30 minutes before slicing.