Low-Carb Bacon and Cabbage Hash Recipe
Serves 4 | Total Time: 45 Mins
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Large saute pan with a lid
1 tbsp sunflower oil
6 oz bacon, diced
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 cauliflower, roughly chopped
3 cup kale, roughly chopped
to taste salt
- Place a large saute pan on medium heat and add the bacon, cook for 4 minutes until crispy and fat has rendered.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Then place the pan back on the heat and add the onion.
- Cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened then add the garlic, smoked paprika and cauliflower.
- Saute the cauliflower for 2 minutes then add two tablespoons of water and cover the pan. Cook for 5 minutes until tender, adding another splash of water if the pan becomes too dry.
- Then add the kale and cook for a further 5 minutes. Allow the kale to wilt then stir through the cooked bacon.
- Make four indents into the bacon and cabbage hash and crack the eggs into each hole. Cover the pan with the lid and cook for 5 minutes. The eggs should be just set and still runny.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve the bacon and cabbage hash amongst four bowls.