Necessities to Stockpile Before Baby Arrives
A stockpile of baby products is exactly what you need before you bring your baby home. There is a lot of craziness when a baby arrives and the least you can do to make yourself prepared is to have everything you need.
Here are some of the products that you need to stockpile
- Cleaning supplies
You need to stockpile basic cleaning supplies that are non-toxic, baby safe and eco-friendly. Such supplies include:
- A baby-safe laundry detergent
- Baby safe dishwashing tablets
- Wool dryer balls since dryer sheets are dangerous for a baby
- A non-toxic, baby safe and eco-friendly basic multipurpose cleaner
- The baby’s supplies
You are going to need to stockpile the following products for your baby:
- Baby soap: don’t pile up regular soap for your baby because she cannot use regular soap. Her skin is very sensitive so you need special soap specifically for babies. Best soaps for babies: Cataphil, Johnson’s, Mustela, Babyganics, Aveeno, Weleda.
- Diapers: you are doing to need lots of diapers. You need to stock up on those. You can choose to save your money by buying cloth diapers which are cheaper and you will never have to buy a diaper again. Common disposable baby diapers are Pampers and Huggies.
- Wipes: get the disposable water-based wipes for your baby because they are good for sensitive baby skin.
- Diaper cream: diaper cream keeps rashes at bay even though you have to deal with rashes at one point. Desitin diaper rash cream is the best one! Here is an article about the top 5 diaper rash creams for your baby.
- Formula: if you are going to formula feed your baby then you need to stock up bottles of formula.
- Postpartum care kit
It is better to pile up on your postpartum kit before your baby arrives because after delivery, you will not have the strength to gather items together. Prior arrangements are essential for a quick and healthy recovery. Some of the products that you need for your postpartum care kit include:
- Peri bottle: there are better peri bottle alternatives that you can get beside the one that you are given at the hospital
- Perineal cold packs: cold packs are exactly what you need for pain relief and comfort. Some cold packs are even medicated and they come in handy especially after a hard delivery.
- Perineal spray: Perineal spray is very likely that you will leave the hospital with some form of pain-relieving spray. You can get a different brand but essentially, you should have the spray. Check out Herbal Perineal Spray by Earth Mama.
- Medicated cooling pads: some cooling pads can be placed on the maxi pad for relief
- Pads: you need to stock up on maxi pads given the heavy flow. Go for pads that are not bulky, can hold a large amount and have wings to prevent leakage. Check out Always Radiant Feminine Pads.
- Disposable underwear: these are an absolute necessity. Check out Always Discreet Incontinence & Postpartum Underwear for Women that are so useful especially during the first days after delivery.
- Flushable medicated wipes: the thought of going to the toilet with toilet paper will make you cringe. The disposable and flushable wet wipes will solve this problem.
- Stool softener
- Thin transition pads: you can’t wear the giant pads forever. Get some thinner pads to transition into.
With everything set and piled up, you are better placed for your baby’s arrival.