Easy Kids’ party chocolate cake with sprinkles
Classic Chocolate Birthday Cake with Sprinkle recipe
SERVES 8 | PREP 0:15 | COOK 0:50
Cup=200 ml (0.033814 US fluid ounce)
- 2 cup self-raising flour (sifted)
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp instant chocolate cocoa drink powder (like Nestle Nesquik)
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 4 separated eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon 15ml vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 200 g dark chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, instant chocolate cocoa powder, sugar, and the vanilla sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk yolks (the yellow part of the egg), water, oil, and the vanilla extract in the same bowl.
- Place egg whites and the sugar in a clean, dry spotless mixer bowl of a stand mixer. Make sure there are no egg yolks or shells in the mixture. Then, beat it on low to medium-low until foaming.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter gently.
- Oil a baking pan and pour the batter into the pan (9 x 9 x 2 inches baking pan).
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a cake tester (or toothpick!) inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
Meanwhile, make the frosting:
- Combine dark chocolate, heavy cream, and the sugar into a medium glass bowl.
- Heat it for 30 seconds in the microwave and mix it until you get a smooth cream.
- Spread the cream evenly across the surface and then decorate with sprinkles.
HOW TO PLAN A KIDS BIRTHDAY PARTY ON A CRAZY TIGHT BUDGET
5 BEST ONLINE CLOTHING STORES FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN
HOW TO START A FOOD BLOG AND EARN MONEY ONLINE