Best YouTube Makeup Tutorials for Beginners
Applying makeup is an art. But every great artist comes from humble beginnings. If you’re just getting started with your journey, there are so many great makeup tutorials on YouTube from pros and beauty enthusiasts alike that can help you apply products with confidence.
Today, we’re going to share the top 10 makeup tutorials for beginners from loved and trusted YouTubers.
Top 10 Makeup Tutorials for Beginners
1. How to Apply Makeup for Beginners – Eman
How to Apply Makeup for Beginners (STEP BY STEP) | Eman
Need a step-by-step tutorial on how to apply makeup? Eman has you covered. In this video, she shares simple tips and tricks for a full-face, everyday makeup look.
Here’s what’s covered in this video:
- What to do before you start applying makeup
- How to apply primer
- Applying foundation and concealer
- Choosing and applying powder
- Applying blush and bronzer
- Defining and filling your brows
- Applying mascara
- Adding highlighter
- Applying lipstick
- Using setting spray
In the description, you can also find a list of all the products used in the tutorial, so it’s super easy to follow.
Eman is a professional makeup artist and entrepreneur. Her YouTube channel has other great beauty tutorials and videos about self-confidence.
TIP: If you’re crafty, you can create your own cute makeup bag with a Cricut and a few supplies!
2. Quick 5 Minute Makeup Tutorial – Stephanie Bailey
QUICK & EASY 5 MINUTE MAKEUP TUTORIAL!
If you’re looking for quick and simple makeup tutorials for beginners, Stephanie Bailey’s 5-minute makeup look is a great option. If you don’t have a lot of time in the morning, this tutorial is for you. Plus, she gives other great tips on how to get out the door faster.
In this video, Stephanie shows you how to apply:
- Foundation for a solid base
- Concealer to hide your blemishes, brighten up your undereyes and highlight
- Powder to your oily spots
- Eyebrow makeup for more defined and fuller brows
- Mascara for fuller, more voluminous lashes
- Bronzer and blush in a natural way
- Lipstick for a quick pop of color or to highlight your natural lip color
You can find a detailed list of all the products used in the video’s description.
Stephanie’s down-to-earth attitude and helpful tips make this an excellent tutorial for beginners who want to put more effort into their makeup, but are pressed for time. She’s not a professional makeup artist – just a girl who loves makeup and sharing her tips.
TIP: Make labels for your makeup storage and bags to keep things organized!
3. Beginners Eye Makeup Tutorial – TheMakeupChair
Beginners Eye Makeup Tutorial | Parts of the Eye | How To Apply Eyeshadow
Maybe you’re a beginner who wants to focus on specific parts of the makeup process. Eyes are a great place to start, and TheMakeupChair’s tutorial is perfect for newbies.
In this tutorial, you’ll see:
- How to apply concealer and primer before getting started
- Which blending brushes and eyeshadow colors to use
- The best way to apply eyeshadow
- How to blend
- Brush techniques
Of course, you’ll find a list of products used in the tutorial in the video description.
The voice behind TheMakeupChair is Sinead from Cork, Ireland. Sinead has lots of tutorials on makeup and product reviews. She’s been making videos since 2010 and has a huge following.
Her detailed and methodical approach to applying eye makeup makes this tutorial so educational and fun to follow.
4. Beginner Makeup Starter Kit – Slim Reshae
BEGINNER MAKEUP STARTER KIT | ONLY 5 DRUGSTORE PRODUCTS!
Sometimes you just need a good tutorial on what products you should get as a beginner. Makeup is fun, but it can quickly get expensive. With so many products and options out there, it’s helpful to have some tips and advice on where to start.
Slim Reshae’s tutorial will show you which five drug-store products you need to get started with your makeup kit, including:
- Contour/eyeshadow palette
- Setting powder
Slim demonstrates how she creates a beautiful, everyday and natural look using just these five products. Her tutorial is easy to follow, and she really goes into detail on how to apply each product.
If you’re a beginner who needs help finding affordable products, Slim’s tutorial is for you.
5. Makeup Mistakes to Avoid – Christen Dominique
Makeup Mistakes To Avoid – Do’s & Don’ts
If you’re just getting started with your makeup journey, it’s easy to commit a few faux pas. With Christen Dominque’s tutorial, you can skip the mistakes, and learn how to apply your makeup like a pro.
In this video you’ll learn:
- How to choose the right foundation color, and which colors to avoid
- How to choose concealer, and why brighter isn’t always better
- When and how to apply powder
- The right and wrong way to apply bronzer and blush
- How to create a natural brow and what not to do when working on your brows
- Mistakes to avoid when applying eyeshadow and eyeliner
- The right way to use false eyelashes
- Mistakes to avoid when doing your lip color
She goes into detail about why you should avoid these mistakes and how to fix them, which makes this a great tutorial for frustrated beginners who need help improving their technique.
Christen Dominique is a beauty influencer and she has her own line of cosmetics, so she knows what she’s doing.
6. Simple Glam Makeup – Denitslava Makeup
SIMPLE GLAM Makeup Tutorial
If you’re looking for a beginner-friendly glam makeup tutorial, check out this video from Denitslava Makeup. Glam makeup can be tricky, even for more experienced makeup users. In this tutorial, you’ll follow along as Denitslava applies:
- Foundation and concealer
- Brow filler and concealer
- Primer to her eyes
- Cat eyeliner
- Bronzer and blush
- Lip color
She makes it so easy to create a simple but gorgeous glam look that’s great for date nights, weddings or other formal events
Be sure to check the video description to see the products she used, so you can follow along and create the same look.
7. How to Match Foundation to Your Skin Tone
HOW TO MATCH DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION TO YOUR SKIN TONE | Slim Reshae
Choosing the right foundation shade is crucial if you want to create a natural, flawless look. But finding the perfect shade for your skin tone can be tricky, especially if you’re a beginner.
This is another tutorial from Slim Reshae on how beginners can find the right color foundation. She explains:
- How to find swatches, so you can test out tones
- Other tools you can use to find a good color match
- Things to keep in mind if you get help at beauty stores
- What not to do when choosing colors
If you’re a newbie who is struggling to find that perfect foundation color, this tutorial is for you.
8. No Foundation Makeup Routine – Tea Renee
NO FOUNDATION Makeup Routine | Easy and Glowy Everyday Makeup
What if you want to start a makeup routine, but you don’t want to use foundation? You may already have flawless skin, or you just don’t like the cakey feeling of foundation. Tea Renee’s tutorial will help you create a photo-worthy, everyday look without foundation.
While this tutorial doesn’t use foundation, it does use concealer to hide blemishes and even out your skin tone. Tea shares tips on applying concealer, blending, contouring, highlighting and more.
Tea’s look is natural, dewy and beautiful. If you don’t want to wear too much makeup but still want to brighten your eyes and hide a few blemishes this is the tutorial for you.
9. Easy 5 Minute Smokey Eye Trick – Smitha Deepak
TRY THIS!! Easy 5 Minute Smokey Eye Trick
Need a beginner-friendly smokey eye tutorial? Beauty influencer Smitha Deepak explains how to achieve this glam look in just five minutes.
Watch and follow as she walks you through every step of creating a sultry, smokey eye look. Close-up shots of her eyes make it so easy to see what she’s doing and recreate these steps at home. She also covers how to put on false lashes the right way.
If you’re looking for an easy date-night look or are heading out for a night on the town, this smokey-eye tutorial will get you glam-ready.
She shares all the products she uses in her tutorial in the video description, so don’t forget to check that out.
10. Makeup Tips for Beginners – Aja Dang
10 Makeup Tips for Beginners – Easy Makeup Hacks | Aja Dang
In this 10-tips video, Aja Dang walks you through some of her top makeup hacks for beginners. You’ll learn:
- How to find your brow’s natural shape and enhance it
- Which household tools can help you create a flawless look
- How to apply false eyelashes
- Different ways to apply foundation and concealer
- How to find your contour lines
Aja’s tips and tricks can take your beginner routine to the next level. While she’s not a professional makeup artist, she is an influencer who has her own clothing line and really focuses on self-love.
To make your life easier, she shares all of the products she uses in the video.
What are You Waiting For? Start Your Makeup Journey
These are some of the top makeup tutorials for beginners from trusted beauty influencers and professional makeup artists. Use them to get started on your journey and avoid rookie mistakes.