Goli Gummies While Breastfeeding
Gummies are a quick and easy way to add nutrients or herbs to your diet. Goli is a popular gummies brand that offers three main products: ACV (apple cider vinegar), ASHWA (ashwagandha) and Superfruits. For new moms looking to get an extra nutrient kick, relieve stress or detox after pregnancy, these gummies are an appealing option. But can you take Goli while breastfeeding?
What Are Goli Gummies?
Before we answer the question “Can you take Goli while breastfeeding?” let’s take a look at what these gummies are.
Goli gummies are nutritional and herbal supplements in gummy form. Goli Nutrition (the company behind these products) makes their gummies in California using globally sourced ingredients. Goli’s three main gummy products include:
ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Goli ACV helps you get your daily dose of apple cider vinegar by taking two tasty gummies. And these gummies also include “the mother,” which is believed to be the most beneficial part of ACV.
Along with ACV, the gummies also contain vitamins that help support:
- Immune function
- Heart health
Antioxidants also help fight against free radicals and support overall well-being.
ASHWA gummies help fight stress and fatigue while helping improve your memory and sleep. Goli’s gummies contain KSM-66 ashwagandha, which is clinically proven and highly bioavailable.
Goli’s Superfruits gummies are designed to help support overall wellness and beauty. For new moms, pampering is usually put on the backburner. Superfruits can make self-care a breeze. They’re loaded with ingredients that can help:
- Improve collagen formation
- Support youthful skin elasticity
- Provide your skin and body with essential nutrients
- Fight free radicals (thanks to its antioxidants)
- Support immune health
Superfruits is loaded with vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients your body and skin need to stay healthy.
Goli Gummies Ingredients
One great thing about Goli gummies is that they only contain a few ingredients, and those ingredients are natural.
When you’re nursing, it’s important to be cautious about what you’re eating and to read ingredient labels carefully.
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients in Goli’s three gummy products:
Goli ACV Ingredients
- Apple cider vinegar: Traditionally used to help improve gut health and digestion.
- Vitamin B12: Can help fight fatigue and give you an energy boost.
- Vitamin B9: Folic acid (B9) helps support overall health and wellness while giving you an energy boost.
- Beetroot: Adds flavor and color to Goli’s gummies.
- Pectin: A fiber found naturally in fruits and vegetables. Pectin is used instead of gelatin to make these gummies “gummy.”
- Pomegranate: Also adds color and flavor to the gummies.
Goli ASHWA Ingredients
- Ashwagandha: Used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine, ashwagandha helps fight stress and fatigue while improving sleep quality, memory and immune function.
- Vitamin D: Important for bone, teeth, muscle and immune system health.
- Pectin: Derived from fruit peels, making these gummies vegan.
Goli Superfruits Ingredients
- Silica (Bamboo shoot extract): A trace mineral that promotes collagen production to keep skin looking youthful.
- Vitamin C: A potent antioxidant that also supports immune health. Vitamin C helps with collagen production, too.
- Vitamin A: An essential vitamin that supports eye and immune health.
- Vitamin E: Supports skin health and acts as a powerful antioxidant.
- Zinc: Helps the body create collagen and is important for overall health and wellness.
- Superfruits: Acai berries, amla berry, acerola cherry and goji berries. These berries contain high amounts of vitamin C, fiber, healthy fats and other nutrients.
Goli Gummies And Breastfeeding
If you’re nursing, you may be looking for a quick way to get a nutrient or energy boost. Goli gummies may seem like a good solution, but can you take Goli while breastfeeding? Is it safe?
Can You Take Goli While Breastfeeding?
Are Goli gummies safe while breastfeeding? You always want to consult with your doctor before taking any supplement, even Goli, while breastfeeding. The gummies are plant-based, non-GMO and gluten-free.
The Superfruits gummies are loaded with essential vitamins and superfruits that can nourish and fuel your body. The ACV gummies only contain a few ingredients as well. These two Goli gummies may be okay to take during breastfeeding, but do not take them until you consult with your doctor.
There are some concerns with the ASHWA gummy. Doctors don’t know if ashwagandha is safe to take while nursing, so it’s best to either avoid these gummies or talk to your doctor first.
Can I Take Apple Cider Vinegar While Breastfeeding?
Many new moms want to take advantage of the potential benefits of apple cider vinegar and may be thinking about taking Goli’s ACV gummies.
But is it okay to take apple cider vinegar while nursing?
The jury is still out. There’s little (or no) research on the safety of ACV while breastfeeding. Consult with your physician before taking ACV and to determine whether it’s a safe choice for you while nursing.
Unpasteurized ACV may not be good for breastfeeding moms because of the risk of bacteria transferring from your breast milk to your baby. Pasteurized vinegar may the better option. It still contains pectin, acetic acid and other components that give ACV its reported health benefits.
Goli Gummies Benefits While Breastfeeding
The benefits of Goli depend on the gummies themselves:
- Ashwagandha gummies may be okay to take because the herb works on multiple areas of the body, including the reproductive, immune and endocrine systems. If you’re feeling stressed and overwhelmed, these gummies can help you – mom – start feeling like your old self again.
- Superfruits are filled with nutrients and vitamins that will help fill your body with essential nutrients while also supporting your immune system. Since the Superfruits gummies contain a high level of natural ingredients, it’s a great option for mothers to take.
A lot of the benefits from the Goli gummy lineup of products will help mom while inadvertently helping the baby, too. The ingredients can help boost your immune system, support overall health and restore some of the energy that moms lose after giving birth.
Note: While these supplements may be generally safe, it’s important to consult with your physician first before adding them into your daily routine.
Goli Gummies Side Effects
Goli gummies are safe – they’re made with high-end, natural ingredients. Most users never experience side effects when taking standard, normal dosages. However, users that have complained of side effects state that they experienced:
- Headaches, or
- Upset stomach
If you plan to take any of the Goli gummies, you should look over all of the ingredients to ensure that you’re not eating a gummy with ingredients that you have a known allergy to.
ACV gummies should be taken in their recommended dosages because they do have the potential to cause:
- Digestive side effects
But in gummy form, you don’t have to worry about ACV burning your throat or causing issues with tooth enamel erosion.
Does Goli Gummies Help You Lose Weight?
Want to lose weight and need a little additional help? Goli gummies can help. The two main gummies recommended for optimal weight loss and health are:
Goli’s ACV is known to do a few things:
- Boost metabolic energy
- Promote a healthy metabolism
A few of the ingredients in the ACV gummies that promote weight loss are:
- Vitamin B12: Studies on B12 show that a deficiency can lead to obesity and fat accumulation. Additional studies link low B12 levels with higher risks of being overweight and higher body mass index (BMI).
- Pectin: The pectin in apples has been linked to feeling fuller for longer by delaying the stomach emptying process. Feeling fuller can lead to less consumption and potential weight loss.
- BEST VITAMINS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WHILE BREASTFEEDING WITHOUT LOSING SUPPLY
- MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKES WHILE BREASTFEEDING
- HERBALIFE WHILE BREASTFEEDING – IS IT SAFE?
Weight management is important, and with Ashwa gummies, the stress-reducing properties help with:
- Reducing weight gain
- Reducing stress-related cravings
Ashwagandha was the focus of a 2016 study that found that participants noted a significant reduction in both serum cortisol levels and body weight.
Detox While Breastfeeding
Many new moms consider taking Goli gummies to help with detoxing. Women who are breastfeeding need to be careful when they make major dietary changes because their milk is helping feed their babies. A detox can be done safely when it’s very short-term, but it’s often not advised.
Let’s assume that you’re juice cleansing as part of your detoxification. Juice may be filled with vitamins and nutrients, but juices are also low in:
Since you’re not consuming enough calories, your body will use your body’s own stores to continue creating nutrient-rich breastmilk. You may lose some weight, but you’ll also deplete your energy rapidly.
You can surely do a juice cleanse for a short period of time, but over the long-term, it can lead to you creating less nutrient-rich breastmilk.
There’s also another major issue: toxins.
Detoxing can lead to the toxins entering the breastmilk and into your baby. Ideally, you’ll want to wait until after you’ve weaned your baby off of breastmilk to go on a detox. Instead, you can exercise or lower the number of calories you eat (still within healthy range) to lose weight.
New moms who consider taking Goli gummies to help with detoxing and for many of the other benefits we covered earlier should know that while most of their gummies appear to be okay for postpartum use, it is better to talk to a doctor first.