Healthy Avocado, Lettuce and Walnut Salad with Mustard and Honey Dressing
Healthy Vegetarian Salad with Creamy Honey Dressing
This salad is one of my favorites and it’s easy to make. You can enjoy this salad as a meal on its own, or serve it as a starter.
It’s also possible to add baked chicken chunks, croutons, and parmesan or to use vegan mayo if you are looking for a 100% vegan salad. A creamy mustard and honey dressing ties all the vegetables together!
Serves 2 | Time: 15 Mins
- 1 lettuce, chopped into medium pieces
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced into half-inch-thick slices
- ground pepper
- 1 tsp mustard (whole-grain Dijon mustard)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tbsp chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix all the chopped vegetables and walnuts (not the avocado).
- In a separate bowl, mix mustard, mayonnaise, apple vinegar, salt, pepper, honey, olive oil, and lemon.
- Pour the honey dressing on the salad and mix.
- Place avocado pieces on top before serving.
Watch the video for detailed instructions.