The ultimate guide to starting a blog
“It will not happen to me” – Sounds familiar?
To avoid the inconvenient mishaps that may occur during working on your blog, you should take certain precautions to help protect your website against hacking disasters.
There are many companies that offer different kinds of security software and security services for websites, some of them are free and some of them cost money, but the most important thing you can do to secure your blog business is a website backup.
Backups are undoubtedly important. You must back up your site on a regular basis; once a week or once a month depends on your site’s updates frequency.
When you run a blog, all your hard work is stored in a few files, and without them, you will not have a business. Only in a few minutes, you can erase the largest and most profitable website.
Therefore, backing up a website is a very basic operation that will keep safe all the work you’ve done. In case of hacking, you can always delete and restore your site to the last point you backed up and return to the pre-hacking state.
Website Security Tips
In addition to backing up the site frequently, there are a few security tips to protect your website from hackers.
- Update the WordPress version you’re using on a regular basis.
- Update the WordPress template you’re using on a regular basis.
- Update WordPress plugins on a regular basis.
- Do not enter suspicious messages/links that can be sent to your system.
- Use strong usernames and passwords and change them periodically.
- Limit the number of login attempts by the same user.
- Avoid installing low-graded or unpopular plugins.
- Install an SSL certificate (Secure Sockets Layer) – If you purchase a hosting plan from BLUEHOST – FREE SSL is included.
- Install a security plugin on your WordPress site.
- Consult a site security specialist if necessary.
Best WordPress Security Plugins
You can download these plugins directly through the WordPress dashboard. Choose one of them and install it on your site.
Remember, the most important thing you can do to keep your site safe is to back it up. Now let’s move on to the next step to create the must-have blog pages.
HOW TO START A BLOG BUSINESS – NAVIGATION
Click to Move to The Next Step»»»
STEP 1 – Set Up A WordPress Blog On Bluehost
STEP 2 – Install the Ultimate WordPress Theme
STEP 5 – Must-Have Pages for Your Blog
STEP 8 – How to Make Money Blogging
STEP 10 – Website Security and Backup Rules
RESOURCES – Must-Have Tools and Services for Bloggers