How to Create and Edit Your Pinterest Profile
This chapter lists all the steps you need to take to establish your promoting system, which includes setting up a Pinterest account and preparing your website to be promoted by Pinterest.
Although these steps are technical, it is critical to complete all the steps – They are critical to your promotional success. Once you have finished reading the technical part, continue to Step 5.
Setting up a Pinterest Business Account and verifying your site
To convert a personal account to business account:
- Log in to your account
- Go to com/business/convert/
- Fill out your business name and website then select a business type
- Click Create account
Click here to read Pinterest instructions for setting up a business account.
To claim your website, you’ll need to add a meta tag or upload an HTML file to your website’s HTML code. To claim your website by adding the HTML tag:
- Log in to Pinterest from a web browser and click *** to open your menu
- Select Settings
- Click Claim
- In the “Claim website” section, enter your website URL and click Claim
- Select “Add HTML tag”
- Copy the tag and click Next
- Go to the index.html file of your website and add the tag to the <head> section before the <body> section
- Go back to Pinterest and click Submit
- Click Done
Click here to read Pinterest instructions for verifying your website by uploading the HTML file.
Add a Save button to your website
- Go to the Pinterest widget builder – https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/save-button
- In the “Button type” section, select image hover or Any image
- Customize your button image
- Copy and paste the code just before the </body> tag on each page where you want the button to appear.
Click here to read Pinterest instructions for adding a Save button to your website.
Apply for Rich Pins
Rich Pins show metadata right on the Pin itself, giving Pinners a richer experience and increasing engagement. To apply for rich Pins:
- Install Yoast SEO and activate it.
- Click on the “Social” tab in the Settings area.
- Click on the Facebook tab and make sure “Add Open Graph Meta Data” is enabled.
- Validate any post on your site in the Rich Pins Validator.
- Click on the button to apply for Rich Pins
Click here to read Pinterest instructions for enabling Rich Pins.
PINTEREST TRAFFIC GUIDE TO INCREASE BLOG TRAFFIC– NAVIGATION
Click to Move to The Next Step»»»